Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

It seems like life has been going too fast. I really do want to keep up with this blogging thing but find it difficult to put into words the feelings I have. Raye is the Enrichment Leader in our Ward and is putting together a ward dinner this Friday night. Since we did not have our H.P. Social this year, I thought it would be a good idea to combine the two activities...she thought so too. As a result, I am now in charge of the program for the evening and am trying to put a video together of members in the ward. I guess I forgot how much time and effort went into the Family Reunion video that I did....and this one is even harder...oh well.

The Temple is closed for cleaning and I had the opportunity to go over and do my part this evening. I was part of a team that assemblied a large chandelier in one of the sealing rooms, also worked in the kitchen. I kept thinking of the sacred experience it is to be in the Lord's House and I thought if the early pioneers who sacrificed so much in time and means to the building of these holy places. I also thought of those who recently stood outside some of these temples and behaved unseemly....if they only knew. Raye and I try to get to the Temple often and someday, we hope to spend a lot more time there.

Tonight, when I got home Caleb was typing away at the computer. I did not know what he was working on...some sort of school assignment. When he was ready to go to bed....he tried to print..but there was a problem. He saved it and went to bed. I thought I would be nice and print it for him. Boy was I surprised by what he had written. I guess, he was to write a paper along the lines of....What makes Caleb who he is?

For 3 years and 4 months, he has said very little about the accident. In this paper it was all there. I would feel badly if I put the entire thing on here, without his permission, so I will just give you a taste..writing of the funeral he says, "There was a prayer, church music, and speeches, hugs everywhere, tears of joy and sadness. Everyone had a good/bad time. It was a great experience.

Raye immediately said...we have underestimated him.

Hope everyone is having a great week...............Gary

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Give Caleb and hug from me...