Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving Day Synopsis: 20 People, Turkey, Ham, Dressing, Potatoes, Gravy, Pies, Corn, Rolls, Jello Salads, Fruit Salads, Broccoli Salads, Sherbet Punch, Cranberry Relish ....did I mention Pie, pie and more pie? (One family actually has a contest and weighs the teenagers before and after to see who gains the most)

So...At 4:00 in the morning, the day after Thanksgiving it starts. "Gary, can you go to Wal Mart and get this (secret item)?" Really!! So, off to the store I go. I had not ventured out on Black Friday before and boy was I in for a shock. The parking lot was full, the street was full, the bank across the way was full and the school parking lot was beginning to fill.

Luckily, the one thing I was there for, was still available. Picked it up, waited in line, checked out and was back in bed by 5:45. It wasn't nearly as unpleasant as I thought it would be.

After needed rest, took Caleb to the golf course and played the back nine. All in all...a very good day.

No comments: