Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tid Bits

DINNER WITH FRIENDS
We went to dinner with some good friends last night, afterwards attended a concert at the Tabernacle. Elder Bednar wrote the text, Robert Condick the arrangment and the Orchestra and Chior from BYU-Idaho perfomred. It was a delight.

WORK RELATED ISSUES
The last 12 months have brought many changes at work. I have been with Qwest for 12 years and have a wonderful position, which allows me to work from home and set my own schedule. Rumors are, these days are coming to an end. I have seen many colleagues loose their positions and it looks like my group may be next. Official word is expected to come before December 1st. I am already working on the next plan. Stay tuned.

FAMILY DRAMA
So, over the course of many years we have had Thanksgiving with lots of extended family...often in very cramped and uncomfortable quarters. No one's fault...just the family keeps getting bigger. Raye and I decided to do a smaller (of course with 7 children, 4 grandchildren, and spouses, the term "smaller" is relative)Thanksgiving this year, and invited one other family to join us. We were surprised by the drama this decision caused.

MISSIONARY IN THE MTC
It was nice to have my brother Skip, his wife Janet and their new missionary son Jared here for a few days. Jared wanted to go through the Salt Lake Temple prior to going to the MTC, so on Tuesday, we did. It was a great day. After he went into the MTC on Wednesday, Skip and I got away for 18 holes of golf. I wish they did not live so far away. We look forward to regular updates from Elder Yarn in southern California.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Any chance that you can email me some pics of your family? I am trying to get everyone to send me some pics of the family that they have and the family that they came from; that way I get plenty of pics of everyone. I am doing something for Christmas with them. Please help me out.
I can get some off of your site if you'd like, but I would like more.